At Bill Bin Hire, we are committed to protecting your privacy and personal information when you deal with us.
Only with your prior knowledge and consent will we ever collect personal information from you. If you choose to, you can use our website without disclosing any personal information.
We will only ever use personal information collected from you for the purpose it was collected. We will not disclose your personal information to any third party except when this is required to facilitate a service requested by you.
Unless required by law, we will ensure that your personal information remains undisclosed.
We have implemented security technology and policies, rules and measures to reasonably protect your personal information under our control against unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction and accidental loss.
When your personal information is no longer required, we will remove it from our systems except for archiving purposes.
This policy covers how and why we collect your personal information, how we use it and what controls you have over our use of it.
We are committed to complying with our obligations under the Australian Privacy laws and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you deal with us.
Personal Information Collected
To carry on our business and provide our services, we may need to collect personal information from customers, contractors and other third parties, and we will only collect such information if it is necessary for one of our business functions or activities. The personal information we collect includes names, contact details and financial information.
Specific circumstances in which we collect such personal information is outlined below:
- when you contact us with a query
- when you place an order for services
- when you conduct a transaction
- when you participate in our direct marketing
- when you subscribe to our mailing list
- when you register your details on our website
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the following when we collect personal information from you:
- who we are your right to gain access to the information
- why we collected the information the type of organisations to which we usually disclose the information any laws requiring the collection of the information the key consequences for you if all or part of the information is not collected
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We may use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose for which the information was collected, namely, carrying on our business, which may include provision of services
to you, including:
• administration of services
• notification of changes to our services
• record-keeping following termination of our services
• technical maintenance
We may also use the information for a purpose related to the primary purpose for which the information is collected, and where it is reasonably expected that we would use the information in such a way. Such information is only disclosed to persons outside our business under circumstances as set out in this policy, with your informed consent, or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information. Further, by law we are permitted to use or disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
• where you have consented to the use or disclosure
• where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a
serious, immediate threat to someone’s health or safety or the public’s health or safety
• where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in
and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter
to any relevant authorities
• where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply
with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process)
• where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body
• where you have requested a service and we are required to disclose the information to a third party in order to facilitate the provision of the service
Dealing with us Anonymously
You may deal with us anonymously only if it is reasonably practicable for us to deal with you acting anonymously, or using a pseudonym.
1 ) From time to time, we may use information collected from you for the purposes of direct marketing, which forms part of our function and business activity and which promotes the products and services we provide to you.
2 ) Direct marketing includes, but is not limited to, sending to you and/or contacting you in relation to discounts, promotions and information about our services.
You may opt out anytime by clicking on the relevant opt out link in our direct marketing correspondence to you, or by contacting:
Links to Third Party Websites
. Our website may contain links to third party websites, which may collect personal information from you.
.We encourage users of our website to be aware especially when they are leaving our website, and to read the privacy statements and policies of third party websites linked to our website.
.We are not responsible for collection of personal information from third party websites. Security and Storage of Personal Information
.We place great importance on the security and storage of your personal information.
.The personal information we collect from you is stored securely on our servers in controlled facilities to protect against misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. When personal information collected from you is no longer required by us, it is de-identified or destroyed securely.
. If we have collected your contact details, we will retain the same for verifying your identity and any transactions, as well as legal and accounting purposes.
. If we have stored your personal information in our computer systems, then this can only be accessed by those entrusted with authority, and computer network password sanctions.
. As no transmission of data online can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we cannot warrant the security of transmission of any data, therefore users of our website do so at their own risk.
. Upon transmission, we make every reasonable effort to ensure security and storage of your personal information on our systems.
. It is your responsibility to keep account information and passwords secret. You should act responsibly when using our website.
Accessing and Correcting your Personal Information
We commit and take reasonable steps to maintain complete, accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our clients, customers and website users.
You can gain access to or correct the information collected by us by putting in a request and submitting proof of identity to:
Bill Bin Hire
PO Box 149
South Melbourne VIC 3205
Telephone: +61 401 336 010
We will respond to your request within a reasonable time up to thirty (30) days.
Upon receiving your request and valid proof of identity, we will provide you with access to or correct the information collected from you as requested.
If we reach a decision to not provide you with access to or correct the information collected from you, we will provide you with reasons.
We will promptly investigate your complaint and find ways to help you address your concerns. Should you not be satisfied with the outcome of this, or we have not responded to you with a determination within thirty (30) days of contacting us, then you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
.We do not usually transfer personal information from you collected overseas, however if we ever need to, we will do so insofar as it is permitted by law.
.How Personal Information is Collected When you visit our website, we collect information about you using internet files.
.Our system will document your IP address, date and time you visit our website, pages you view and information you download.
.This information will only be used for site analysis and to help us provide you with improved online services.
1. To ensure that our website can carry out the functions that you expect when you visit, we manage our website by using technology commonly referred to as “cookies”.
2. Cookies are small pieces of data that our website sends and stores in your web browser that we can refer to later.
3. They are either necessary for the functioning of our services, helping us improve our performance, giving you extra functionalities, or helping us to serve you relevant and targeted ads.
5.You are free to block, delete, or disable these technologies if your device permits so. You can manage your cookies and your cookie preferences in your browser or device settings.
2) This will ensure you will always be aware of what information we collect from you and how we use and disclose the information. This webpage will be regularly updated.
If you wish to know about your rights under the Australian Privacy laws, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.